View Single Post
Old 05-05-09, 10:29 PM   #5
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Of course, I use a lot of addons and the ACM V1.1.0 (Mikhayl's mod) is in the middle of them, without conflicting with any other addon. It does have a camera.dat file that will interfere with any camera mod, but from it you only need to have the Periscope zooms set to 2x/6x. I modified that file a LOT and I can't even remember from which mod I took the original. There is also a mod that gives you a dragable TDC in any screen, in case you want to keep the rest of your current interface. However this tehnique just describes what you can do with the TDC, so it works even with SH3 1.4 vanilla . It's just a trick of using the autoupdate feature to ease your work. Most of it isn't new (as I just recently found ), i just combined it all in a new package . If it gets more replies i guess i'll need to tidy it up a bit and put in photos. It would sure make life easier for all the newcomers who're browsing the plotting tehnique in their first patrol with manual firing .

The Autoupdate feature links the Periscope Bearing to the Bearing dial of the TDC which in turn is always linked to the AOB dial. Once u input a correct AOB, as long as the target and you don't change course, the sum of those 2 angles will be constant and equal to your actual intercept angle (as it actually is in real life). As long as you can see the AOB dial in the periscope view, this method works as described. If not, you still have the entire TDC in the Attack map view.

The problem with that is that instead of moving the periscope while autopdate is turned on, you must turn the bearing dial of the TDC to simulate that effect and then try to guess what that little dial is poining to, then with autoupdate still OFF move the periscope to that bearing, turn course to bearing, then autoupdate ON again , ok I'm lost) , or switch between the 2 screens a lot. This is almost similar to using the OLC interface, as it only shows the TDC settings when you switch the autoupdate off (as that's the only time you can make changes to it ).

The bonus of using these interfaces is that you never have to see that bloody notepad and the damned stadimeter again, EVER . Or identify any target for the stadimeter to work. U-jagd tools would also help a LOT in case u haven't used them yet.

Last edited by karamazovnew; 05-18-09 at 11:07 PM.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote