View Single Post
Old 07-19-17, 02:31 PM   #1
chrisbythes252
Nub

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 Mod Huge Adventure - In dire need of help

So this is my adventure in trying to install SH3 again , after buying a new PC running Windows 10 . Mind you the game run perfectly on my old PC , with Windows 7 . Also this is my first post here !!!

I started 10 hours ago ...

1) I moved GWX and SH3 commander from an external hard drive to my new PC and I started downloading the game from steam .
I installed all mods on base game . It loaded but crashed when loading missions and careers . I decided to unistall the game and all mod folders inside it .

Assumed that sh3 commander might be the issue , and I do another install attempt .

2) I downloaded the game from steam again and installed GWX once more . The game loaded but crashed when loading missions and careers . I decided to unistall the game and all mod folders inside it again .

I tryied to make sense of what was going on , messing with some files but nothing comes out of it

3) Redownloaded the game for the 3rd time and installed GWX again . Game loaded missions but after the load it stucks on paused with only the interface icons visible , unable to do anything since the game freezes .
Tried to fix by messing with the time config files , and I failed .
Tried to understand what is going on and why this was happening and I couldn't . Assumed something was corrupted and I unistalled everything again .

I decided to delete all mods and the base game from my hard drive and all folders associated with them since . Maybe I had a corrupted copy of GWX on my external hard drive , since I transfered the mods from there them and did not download them again from the forums .

4) I redownloaded all mods and redownloaded game from steam
Game wouldn't even launch even without mods

5) I unistalled steam , because I thought that the steam install was not right , and installed it again .

Downloaded game again , downloaded GWX , downloaded SH3commander agaim . After all that , the base game run 100% , with GWX it run 100% But after installing the Silent Hunter 3 Commander , I get an error saying does not find the sh3.exe even though it is right there to be found !!!!

6) Decided to format my hard drive .
Downloaded everything again

Downloaded steam again , game again , GWX again , sh3 commander again
Game runs 100% on its own , and with GWX , but I get the same exact error with SH3 Commander . It is not able to find a file that exists .......

I need help badly fellow captains
chrisbythes252 is offline   Reply With Quote