View Single Post
Old 05-22-08, 01:20 PM   #28
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sung
but i think for myself that there is not really a chance, that you will finish sometimes with the project.
Hmm, what are you basing your estimation on ?

Actually I can understand you skepticism. But of course you do not know what you are up to here. You do not know us well enough, you don't quite know of what steel we are made and you don't know my plan of how the goal is supposed to be achieved. Actually everything works according to the plan, everything works out so far as envisioned. Actually I feel almost proud when I see that the future turns out so far just as I have predicted it.

I of course have also expected that people will doubt in this project untill it reaches the critical develpoment state where it becomes an undeniable reality.

And even if, I still have a backup plan for the case everything should go down the drain. If you would have seen my road map and design documents you would have realised that I am extremely well prepared for this task and determined to death to carry it out. This is what it takes to pull out an ambitious indi project. The plan is yet pretty bold and may contain some temporal risks also because the concept is a novum in naval warfare games but else it is fool proofen. The plan is so simple, clear and genius, it must work out, hense my determination.

But it started out indeed rather slow. I was unexperienced and was new to all of this engines. But then I got better, got more productive and also invested more time. Since this year I spend 200h in average per month on the project. And still our potential just begins to enfold itself. Oerall I am since almost 5 years on this project and all the time it got only better and better. And I still haven't hit my limit. I feel I will become even much more productive. The more competent I get the faster it goes.

2008 is so far the best year, for us, full of excitement. Most excitement comes from recent progresses and how well things start to go for us and how nice the sim start to turn out. Everything is so fresh new and innovative, it bears little similarities to other projects.

But yet I would say the development state is still infant. Only in 2-3 years we will be in a truly advanced development state.

Anyway I am confident that I will have more luck than you had, cause I am in full control of the project

The advantage I have is that when someone leaves the team( what will always happens once in a while ) I do not need to abandone it. Right now I fill the prototype with lots of place holders and when a new artis for example enters the team he start the game and immediately see what he can do.

Quote:
You wrote that your team is developing the game a couple of years.
Soon it will be 2 years. If you count only the time since the development on the actual game has started in turms of coding.

Quote:
Which technical stand is the engine right no?
pre-alpha

Quote:
In some years we have the next OS Standard, 64bit?
Fine, that means IUF will run even faster

I embrace all performance boosts.

Last edited by Deamon; 08-06-09 at 12:11 PM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote