View Single Post
Old 05-07-19, 02:57 AM   #1
Markus Witt
Navy Dude

Downloads: 309
Uploads: 0

Default First war patrol U-77

I just finished my first war patrol with U-77 using TWOS. This patrol took us from Kiel to St. Nazaire and lasted 5 weeks. During this patrol I kept a log in the style of the real KTB's and I plotted my progress on a grid map. This was all for immersion purposes as it slows the game down and you really need to make the correct decisions as you are invested in the career and don't want to ruin it. It's a bit of work to do but I can recommend it if you are looking for immersion.

The log and gridmap are way too big to post unfortunately but I will try to copy / paste the text from the log to this thread. I think it should still be readable.
I will also post some downsized pictures to complement the log.
During this patrol attacked just one convoy and did not encounter any other vessel in 5 weeks. So it was a rather dull patrol but somehow this actually added to the immersion. Too much action somewhat kills the immersion for me. If you really have to search for targets finally finding one is more rewarding.

Anyway I will post the text of the log next. Some may find it interesting for a quick read through.
And off course a big thank you to Vecko for making this fantastic mod!

Last edited by Markus Witt; 05-07-19 at 03:14 AM.
Markus Witt is offline   Reply With Quote