View Single Post
Old 10-11-07, 04:40 PM   #8
Ilpalazzo
Frogman

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

I am loving this game. It's awesome seeing a multitude of planes in the same area. I find myself overwhelmed at times.

So far the AI seems really good. I'm coming from CFS3 and IL2. The AI in those games can be bad. In CFS3 I recall that in most dogfights the enemy would just fly around in circles. The AI in IL2 is pretty good. However, sometimes they are so hell bent on trying to shake me that they often wind up plowing themselves into the ground. Robbing me of a good fight. The AI in those games does other dumb stuff too but those things always stood out to me. I have no complaints about the AI in BOB2 yet.

I am having trouble getting a hang of the campaign. I was trying to figure it out as I went along, but I'm going to have to read the instructions The campaign seems very impersonal since you aren't really a pilot but just take control of whatever flight you want. I hope I can look past that and enjoy it more as a strategical campaign.

I've been spending most my time mapping controls the way I like it and finding a good balance in fx settings. Turns out the weather on high kills performance for me when there are lots of clouds. Kinda disappointing, but I would rather play on the medium setting for weather and crank everything else up for smooth performance and great visuals.

Anyway, still messing around. Just thought I'd share some first impressions.
Ilpalazzo is offline   Reply With Quote