View Single Post
Old 01-17-18, 02:30 PM   #657
schlechter pfennig
Commander

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 7
Default flag problems

I love the animations of the flags, I really do. But for some reason they are absolutely unseeable at night, even when I've zoomed to the ship and have positioned the camera within meters of the flag. If I use the mod "Flags_enlighten" they become very visible.

I've spent several hours experimenting, editing the flag.dat and flagS.dat files so that their settings match those in the "Flags_enlighten" mod (specifically the materials attributes settings [emissive], and the chunk "flag_N.tga") but that doesn't have any effect on the flag visibility.

Hopefully if you examine the "Flags_enlighten" mod you'll be able to figure out why that brightens up the flags, because I haven't been able to figure that out.

UPDATE: I've fixed the files so that the flags are brighter; the "emissive" setting just had to be cranked very high. At the moment the values I'm using are probably too bright, so after I experiment a bit and find a happy medium I'll upload the mod that'll brighten the flags up to a reasonable value.

Last edited by schlechter pfennig; 01-18-18 at 10:41 AM.
schlechter pfennig is offline   Reply With Quote