View Single Post
Old 01-08-11, 05:26 AM   #849
Andy Webber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi all,

I think i may have found a way to use this great mod but while having the original version or the Steam Version (possible but not checked yet).

I have been successfully using this mod now on my install that i did from the orginial CD (bought when the game first came out). And also i'm doing it on windows 7 64 bit.

When patched to 1.4 the only difference between the original SH3.exe and the new one is the starforce files (and so the checksum) but the main programming is the same. After all it does the same thing.

Since i bought the pack for SH3+SH4 and Uboat missions on direct to drive i simply copied the SH3 direct to drive exe into my 'work' folder. Ran the patch as instructed and replaced it into my SH3 directory that was created from the original disk install. It not only ran the mod, but also meant that i didn't need the no cd edit.

With hisie;s permission and also some help from someone that has somewhere conveient to host the file. I'll make a copy of my work file, which has the d2d exe and the current version of the mod (V15D_Beta 4).

the beauty of this is that if you rename your old SH3.exe as something else you can drag and drop the new exe into the SH3 folder and if you don't like or want to remove the mod. Just rename/delete the mod exe and you can go back to the old one.

Since this is essentially just turns into a simple drag and drop of the .exe and because of his outstanding work all credit to this should go to hisie, i just rearranged what he'd provided. Mine was just a packaging exercise.

Hope this both works and helps,
regards,
Andy