View Single Post
Old 10-01-18, 07:14 PM   #6
Mspot
Bosun

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

CDR DPH: that's what I always thought since playing the original campaigns 1968 and 1984. All of the playable American submarines in the game launched their torpedoes from the appropriately displayed visual references. That is, if/while I am looking at the screen, the torpedo panel display indicates two tubes starboard (my right hand side), two tubes port (my left hand side). I assumed, correctly, that the torpedo would launch from the side of the ship that the panel indicates. However, since the introduction of the eight tube class of submarines -- Seawolf, in the original game -- not so. Especially so with the 2004-campaign. This was quite confusing to me as I never knew, and still do not, which side of the sub the torpedo would launch. And, after a time, explained why I would get inexplicable wire breakage reports upon launch.

Anyway, there is a lot of relatively minor "fixes" that could go a long way to clear up confusion in this game.

SaltiDawg: spot on. We get a lot of the same sorts of things in the private security sector -- especially as it applies to overseas work. And thanks for the certain and instructive response.

I don't mind the game not being realistic. As I've stated before, no game is realistic. Some games do a better job of depicting realism than others. After all, this is a game. If I can't enjoy my time playing this program, why play it -- especially as it is labeled a game. That said, the various branches of the military will not publish truly accurate data on many or most weapons platforms. Makes sense. I'm fine with that at several or more levels. What I don't like is inconsistencies in a game/game franchise.
Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: to every man upon this earth death come soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods.
Mspot is offline   Reply With Quote