View Single Post
Old 06-17-08, 02:48 AM   #12
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER
@ skwasjer - i like single stand alone fixes myself for the reason that joe might want fix a, b & c but mike doesnt like fix b, he only wants fix a & c.

stand alones IMO are better because everyone has the most creativity in what they want the game to be their way. that way by simply copying the mods you like into one, each person builds their own large mod customized to them and everything can be available to all without otherwise being forced to make changes you dont want to.
I understand, but the reason I am not providing a mod is two-fold: Captain America already plans to make a mod with the fix for stock and TM, and even if he didn't I probably wouldn't do it because I prefer to stick with solving problems, not building and maintaining mods (remember that many ships can use this fix as well, it's a lot of work). Besides, with the tutorial, most people may be able to do it themselfs, or at least try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip
The method of moving the animation back to the correct side is nothing short of brilliant. Nothing I love more than a simple solution to a complex issue. Not to mention one that has little chance of causing new issues. The fix seems to effect little outside the animation so should not endanger any code related to calculation etc. WHne the graphics are broken fix just the graphics if you can...beautiful.
Solutions such as these are quite fun. It proves once again that the game can be manipulated in ways you usually don't think of.

Oh, and yeah if anyone has problems watching the video, right-click the link and save the video to watch locally...
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote