View Single Post
Old 04-07-19, 04:18 PM   #11
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by derstosstrupp View Post
Wanted to start a thread to gauge interest in some ideas I’ve been kicking around regarding crewmember roles and streamlining. The games I have participated in have been very productive and of course fun, but one thing I have noticed is the lack of definite clarity at the start as to who will do what.

Also, as you all may have heard, Wolfpack League is getting stood up (hopefully soon!), which will be a platform allowing crews to schedule times to play and post results and have a little friendly competition. So that being said, I thought to myself:

1. Wouldn’t it be cool if we could form regular crews, rotating the positions each play time to keep it interesting and drilling together as a crew on diving, surfacing, attacks etc, just like a unit would in real life (trying to improve dive times, honing attack procedures etc)?

2. Wouldn’t it be great to have a system in place where each man knows his role and executes it like clockwork?

3. Wouldn’t it really be cool if this system were based on real-world doctrine (tailored of course to Wolfpack)?

I arrived on the idea based on Neal’s very helpful posts in the thread “Wolfpack Tactics & Tips” (which is how I learned the game!). So I scoured the U-boat Diving Regulations over at uboatarchive.net, and fleshed out a system building on Neal’s that I would love to try out with a dedicated crew.

Of course, something like this requires rehearsal in order to be viable, and so real interest and a dedicated crew are a must, but since many have expressed a desire for “mini-games” within Wolfpack for any downtime, this may scratch that itch and provide more richness to an already-rich game. Any and all input is welcome and is my intent with this thread. More to follow in coming posts.

I'll be joining this crew as your radioman ON FRIDAY Captian Lt , oR AS YOU MARINES SAY... L... T!!

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote