View Single Post
Old 05-09-08, 11:43 AM   #1
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] OLC-Gui Special (OLCUM) and Sale's MyFavDials: merged

Hi,

I did this mod, because I always really liked the OLC Gui since I first tested it in version 1.2.3. The only gripe I have with it is that I like the standard control dials better when they are somewhere at the right side of the screen.
I remembered that some time ago I used to use the sliding dials mod and wanted started to combine those two mods.
I first had to learn for an important exam but a few days ago I started all over with my idea. Mostly because OLC made some further changes to his gui mod. Now it is finished to a point where it can be used as an every day's mod although some things still might be improved yet.

This is how it looks right now:
For once the MFD mod had 3 big dial groups and you could switch between 25m/26m dial, the speed and engine telegraph and switch between compass and rudder.
Because of SH3 limitations and because I wanted to leave the whole TDC in OLC Gui, I could only make the 25m/260m dials switchable, the other ones got split up.

Because of limited space on the screen I lined the dials up as seen in the screenshots below.
Also, because two dials are sliding in from the right as also did OLC's speed conversion table, I placed this chart in the upper left corner and made it draggable (similiar to the ones in GWX).

Because I really ran out of space for sliding stuff on the screen I further decided to throw out the engine telegraph. I don't think that this is a dramatic loss as you can easily control the speed by using the hotkeys [^],...,[9].

A last oddity I should warn you is that there is only one general setting for the speed of the sliding dials. And because OLC made the convoy map and the minefield map slidable too, those two items now slide as slowly as do the control dials.
In my oppinion this looks a little bit strange but isn't changeable (afaik). Otherwise the dials would be hard to use.

downloadlink:
http://files.filefront.com/OLCGS+MFD.../fileinfo.html
To install it, simply extract the archive to your MODS folder and use JSGME to activate it.
Of course after installing OLC Gui.

Criticism and ideas for improvement are always welcome.
Enjoy, i.

Last edited by ichso; 05-14-08 at 01:06 PM.
ichso is offline   Reply With Quote