View Single Post
Old 07-12-18, 01:02 PM   #10
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
When evolutionists can tell show me at what point did a mere piece of matter become a conscience animated being I will be interested in what they have to say.
This shows me that you don't really understand what the Theory of Evolution is about. "Evolutionists" study how life changes, not how it originated. Any good scientist lives with the constant awareness that today's pet theory might become tomorrow's laughingstock. The purpose is to discover and try to explain how things work. They know they might be wrong, but for today all any dedicated scientist can do is look at the evidence and attempt to discover what offers the best explanation.

Quote:
Reading things like this article just tells me they are more interested in defending their egos and funding than exploring other possibilities. Just think how much the Smithsonian alone has invested in all those displays. They cant afford to entertain other ideas.
What other possibilities would you have them explore? What you don't seem to grasp is that the scientist who discovers they've all been wrong all these years isn't going to lose anything. He or She rather will lauded, honored and respected, given a Nobel Prize and all that. Scientists live to find new things, not to defend their egos. Well, yes, ego would have a lot to do with it, but it would be the pride of changing the way we look at the world, not the covering up of treasured beliefs.