View Single Post
Old 06-25-16, 02:18 PM   #2
Cpt-Maxim
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Most recent dev chat (June 14. 2016) on Subsim youtube has topics of discussion related to various text and voice chat options.

I wouldnt expect players to only use only one system or the other and so far the majority of videos uploaded show teams playing similar to Artemis, space game, for which the devs stated they got their inspiration from.. by using voice.

The enigma can be left in game for the choice of the players. I know in my almost 3 weeks of hosting games, we have used the enigma on teamspeak by dividing the teams into two or more chat rooms before starting the game, also agreeing on using the submarine radio channel 1.

We also set individual passwords on each submarine because we believe at one point, an un-announced guest who had previously joined my game hosted on a known IP address, came in and started flipping levels to drain batteries and grief the game a bit. It was possible because we didn't have a full crew of 4 and didn't use passwords yet.

Passwords can be set for TS channels so you don't get random voices coming into your submarine's TS channel, unless the host needs to announce a restart or similar issue.

You may find me on one of these teamspeak servers:
Subsim.com - subsim.teamspeak3.com
WWII Battleground Europe, Allied, - ts.wwiionline.com:9988
Elite Dangerous, Gamers Cove - 82.21.87.49
Cpt-Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote