View Single Post
Old 07-16-14, 04:23 AM   #202
in_vino_vomitus
XO

Downloads: 137
Uploads: 0

So - Celestial nav is something I've always wanted to learn, so when I found out about this method of using it in-game I was pretty happy. I've no idea how long it will take me to get competent at the maths and so far I'm only using it in the Pacific, but here's something that occurred to me. I have to input the GMT time and date into stellarium via Python, and I'm taking it from the tutorial that Pacific boats run on pearl time, i.e. Z-10, but when I move to the Atlantic or the Med, what's my time zone there? I have a map of time zones, does SH4 adhere to it? Someone mentioned saving a game at local noon and comparing a sun sight from Stellarium, which I'll probably do as soon as I know how but I wondered if anyone could save me exercising my mind by answering the question off the top of their heads?

P.S. - I had to use 2008 versions of Python and Stellarium to get them all to work together with the script in the download. I mention this just in case anyone has given up on this because of issues with the current versions. A couple of folks seem to have - Also it shows I read the thread before asking the question
1.5 Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5
1.5 OTC Realistic Scopes for TMO
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4
Improved Stock environment v3_TMO&RFB
TMO_Alt_engine-sounds
TMO_Alternate_JS_Radar_performance
TMO17_19_different_smoke
in_vino_vomitus is offline   Reply With Quote