Old 05-28-19, 04:56 AM   #2437
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinous View Post
Hey guys,

So I followed the wolves of steel PDF to the letter and everything works perfectly except it crashes at the exact same point each time. I did exactly as it said and as soon as I started the campaign, I saved and reloaded. But for some reason about 10 seconds after I sink the first ship at the very beginning it crashes, I mean the game closes completely. It is right after you set your waypoints, I have tried about 5 times now and rebooted the game, my system etc. Not sure what I can do, but it literally stops me from playing the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you - Dev
Here is a checklist you have to go through:

Which version of WoS? Did you install it with Admin Rights as instructed by the install Readme?
Did you install DirectX, .Net Framework, Visual C++ that comes with the game and the WoS installer? This is necessary even if you have a newer version of it installed already.
Are all your game folders free accessible, not write-protected?
Do you play with the SH5 shortcut in 'Start as Admin' compatibility mode?
If you have Win10: Do you play with the SH5 shortcut in 'Win7' compatibility mode?
Possible game crash reasons: Did you check the gameplay documentation that comes with WoS? There are numerous anti-crash tips in it.

My tip: Especially check last point above, go in your savegame folder, open the last savegame '000000x', delete the file special.txt, restart and reload this savegame. If your save was corrupted chances are you can play OK now.

When you have done and checked all this, and still it doesn't solve, then go describe the *specific* problem you have in the TWoS thread located in the mod section of SH5. You would need to be very specific and provide screenshots also, so that your problem can be reproduced. If not, or if just saying 'it crashes', this won't get you any help.

Welcome to Subsim!
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-28-19 at 05:20 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote