View Single Post
Old 08-06-09, 07:22 AM   #164
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveGoat View Post
If I could make a clarification, the first file configuration is done in ACM 1.1.0 and the second config change is in ACM Reloaded, correct?
Sure thing, as I said, I didn't change the dials.cfg file so there isn't such a file in my mod :P The menu.ini file I only changed slightly to include my marks .

Well, I'm almost done on my upgrade version for OLC Mk2. I found a way to include Map Contacts without sacrificing difficulty. I've never used it but I love seeing the hydrophone lines (as long as I can't plot on them). Since Mikhayl turned the TDC view intro a full TDC without a map, we can't benefit from the different settings of each map. Single units can be completely hidden from the nav map and the info that you get by clicking them can be hidden too. That means both the single ship reports AND the map boxes of the visual contacts around your sub. You'll still get coloured hydrophone lines that give you a good ideea of range (but impossible to plot this time ).

The side effect is that convoys will no longer show their type, course and speed, you need to check the radio message for that. You'll never get reports of single ships (you do but you can't see them). I've never figured why a sub would report a tugboat north of Ireland, instead of just destroying the thing and then reporting it's kill . At low zoom level you'll also get the bearing overlay used in the old TDC screen. Not good enough to plot with it but very good for orientation while dodging destroyers. Oh and since I've raised the minimum zoom level you won't see the harbour maps anymore. Combined with the uber GPS of the game, harbor infiltration missions seemed too... simple.

Seems like paradise to me, but I'm not sure everyone agrees with this type of difficulty. Any thoughts?
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote