View Single Post
Old 11-23-17, 04:37 PM   #12
MR_AUS
Watch

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Hunt View Post
Nope AI torps can circular run. I used this tactic to sink an enemy Victor III once, as I was on my way to insert a SEAL team and had limited ordinance. I was running from a full salvo of enemy fish, so I sprinted towards him and started running circles around the Victor and dropping noisemakers. Eventually a couple of the fish homed on the Victor instead of me and put it on the bottom. I've also had ownship weapons circle back after losing wire continuity, which is disturbing because I thought Mk48s had safeguards against circular runs. It's times like this I wish we had the ability to command detonate torpedoes
It would be nice if the safety parameters for torps could be set, i.e. detonate/deactivate if the wire brakes etc. Although as many would know, wire brakes are common when manoeuvring or turning, it could be a good safety measure when operating in shallow waters so you don't get the "dammit I just wrecked my self".
Does anyone know how things like this happen in the real world, i.e. will a torp avoid its own ship that fired it if the wire brakes?