View Single Post
Old 10-09-18, 05:11 PM   #10889
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Default You are very welcome Vecko and thank you also.

The additional changes you advised will be coming in v2.2.8 look very nice, please keep up the wonderful work you are doing. Without your efforts and the products from all the great modders out there, this game/sim wouldn't be worth even attempting to play.

I did want to point out one thing that I also mentioned in my 10/08 9:56 PM post. RN and KM (and probably French and Italian) warships follow...or did follow in WWII...the RN's practices WRT wearing the colors at sea. In peacetime at the fantail ensign staff (except in bad weather), but during wartime at the main peak. The corrections you've identified as coming in v2.2.8 would be a step back from "reality" in our 1940's sim world. But, I also have to say that your earlier screenshots of the "Deutschland" and "Prinz Eugen" do look much better, just because the size of the ensigns is a great improvement all by itself.

If I may, I have two questions also...

First; putting 2.67m of scope above water is much more than I would prefer under most circumstances. I'd like to make that about 1m and change the default periscope depth for all three Type VII boats to 13.5m. Do you think that changing that value in the respective Submarine folder's ".cfg" files would have any adverse effects elsewhere?

Second; I did another Historical Mission Tutorial last night and tried out the SH3 style HUD speed, course, and depth dials/controls. They look good and seemed to function well at first, but then I noticed that the speed control was not responding correctly. The EOT would only advance to one setting less than I ordered, regardless of how I ordered the change (clicking on the dial or using a hotkey). I also could not coax more than 4knots out of the boat (at periscope depth) even when ordering standard/full/flank ahead.

Any ideas or suggestions to investigate and fix that? I'll revert to the SH5 Enhanced HUD controls otherwise.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote