View Single Post
Old 08-30-06, 11:58 AM   #29
Notewire
Soundman

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0
Default Best of Both Worlds?

Ok, I am an old hand at SH3, been playing for years and modding and loving it - but I am new to these forums and my recent play has been interrupted by a year by my - er, real world deployments.

I absolutely play for max realism, on very low time compressions (rarely above 32, except ocean crossing) but I also play for the outstanding atmosphere and look of the game.

So coming back, with IUB and RUB long gone - looking at Grey Wolves and NYGM - both seem to be very good mods. Can they be used together? I know Grey Wolves has had the insight to take some very good NYGM concepts (ala the Damage Model) and incorporate them. But the manual at NYGM is very good and describes some of the realism concepts to the base game.

Specifically, has GW addressed "hovering" submarines, or premature detonating and deep running torpedo's? I also saw a question in one of the links concerning an explanation of GW 24 and 8 hour fatigue mods, are they imported from the ole Real Fatigue (I think I saw that in the readme.

At any rate, both mods are worlds above where we were a year ago - well done!!!

Can you mod NYGM with JSGME over GW's without crashing it? Would that be redundant? I have searched the forums and haven't seen a good compare/contrast thread - or maybe that would be inappropriate given the amount of really hard work put into each.

I would like to close by saying, if you know the answers to any of the above, please help an old salt out. I am sure all of the above should be known to me, and is somewhere in these forums, but after several hours of searching, I thought I would just ask!