View Single Post
Old 11-02-18, 04:10 PM   #4
Tucker
Seaman

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
As for the Uboat start in Steam, had you "imported" OM to the Steam Library? That might be your OM start short-cut. The way SH4 is set-up, the German side and the American side share quite a few files, so your start screen (and a few other things) would be for whichever mod was activate into SH4 last. The German side will also reach across and use some of the American campaign files. They are usually compatible, but not always, RFB with RSRDC on top of it should be nearly 100% compatible with OM. You will still run into the fact that the two sides share interface elements though...

Propbeanie, I have not imported my OM file onto steam. The file is sitting in my steam folder in the program files, but I manually put it there, and steam doesn't recognize it/it doesn't show up as a playable game on my steam sidebar. The Uboat missions tab was from buying and downloaded the Uboat missions expansion on steam. For whatever reason, they made two separate launch tabs. I guess because you can just buy the uboat missions as a stand alone on steam(?) Or maybe they have it divided this way because it wasn't like a DLC like you have today, but instead a (sort of) expansion.

So how I have my folders set up now. I have one folder that is named "Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific" and one named "Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific OM" in my steamapps, common folder with all the other steam games I own. When I click the play button for either the Uboat missions or base SH4 launch tab on Steam it activates the sh4.exe file in the folder named "Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific". What I would like to do if possible, would be to change the launch path for the Uboat missions tab to activate the sh4.exe file in the "Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific OM" file. Both of the SH4 files are the full game, just one has RFB and RSRD installed, while the other has OM installed. I also have two files in my documents, one is called SH4 and the other is SH4 OM for my saves and all that. And in the past when I switch mods, I rename those files too, so the OM file just becomes SH4 while the RFB file becomes SH4 RFB. If I could get it to save to the correct file that would be even better but I can also just rename them if that is impossible. It is a little less of a hassle to rename those then it is to rename the files in the steam library.
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote