View Single Post
Old 11-01-18, 10:50 PM   #1
Tucker
Seaman

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0
Default Multiple Installs on Steam. Is it possible?

Hey yall, I’ve got a quick question someone might be able to answer for me. I am trying to figure out a way to have two installs that can be played without too much game file fiddling/renaming for SH4 on steam.

I like to play RFB and OM, so I’ve created two game files in the Steam library. One is the SH4 folder with RFB and RSRD plus patches installed using JSGME, and one with OM and it’s patches installed also using the mod installer. What I have been doing is naming one either SH4 RFB or OM, while the other file is just named SH4. The one with the original name runs and when I want to switch mods I just switch the names of the game folder. This works but it is a bit time consumer and a hassle to do.

So the other day I realized the steam version of SH4 has two launch tabs, one for the base game and one for the Uboat missions expansion. Both tabs access the same folder/version of the game and the only difference is the game time tracking. The tabs only track game hours when you start the game with that specific launch tab. So I was wondering if it’s possible to change the game launch path for the Uboat missions launch tab to start up the game in my OM folder, while I leave the base game launch tab to start my RFB folder. That way I could use both mods without having to dig into the files every time I want to switch mods.

So would this be possible, and if it is, can someone please explain to me how to do it. Thanks
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote