View Single Post
Old 08-11-17, 10:55 AM   #13
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
Very cool. Look forward to playing with the revised PT boat. I've played through Leyte Gulf with PT and DD now, lot of fine, some tweaks to make but a lot of fune.

For DD campaign, depart Manus with Taffy 3 on 10/12/44 per history, sail to Leyte area. Offshore while launches air strikes on Leyte area. Scripted some air attacks. May put in a surfaced submarine to encounter.

Battle off Samar- Played twice, survived once. Problem is the BB's and CA's dont engage with main guns at distances should. The DD's run in towards , so end up fighting he DD's which is fairly easy, I cross their T unload broadsides before close, usually get through without a hit.

Then rush in towards the BB's and CA's for torpedo run.big guns start blazing , dodging shells and all, gets intense. I was trying to get in on Yamato, I got slaughtered just after released torpedoes. Yamato's main guns will ruin the Fletcher quickly.Hit me abou 7000 yards out.Went dead in water from destroyed engines, scores more hits finished me off.

Second time I was out of position to atttack BB's so went after CA's, one hit a Mogami class in bow and ruined it, another hit a Takao class CA and left it burning but didnt sink.

Also added the air strikes from Taffy 3 , 2, 1, to divert attention. Most dont have bombs(most didnt in real life since strikes were launched on fly).

I've added kamikazes from FOTRS, going to see how they work soon.

PT wise, a lot of fine. I need to get the AI torps working on the AI elco so they are more than just targets .I gave them 40 MM guns, should help.

Also, if it wont let you upload, you may have to email Neal so will make it so you can upload or email to me and Ill upload for you, whichever works best for you.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote