View Single Post
Old 06-25-13, 11:47 AM   #89
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceranimo View Post
But still, in ship recognition manual, there are no height lines for ships.

Is there any setting to enable for lines? I didn't find yet.
Which lines? If I remember correctly, after locking on you target (spacebar in periscope view) and recognizing the ship, you must align the horizontal scope centerline with ship's waterline. At this point you can activate the stadimeter and drag the mouse until the waterline of the "ghost" image reaches the topmost point of ship's highest mast. That is easier done than said; look at the below image for a visula example :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceranimo View Post
Editing post because, I have a question more. How can i calculate ships distance from me instead of using stadimeter?
In many ways.

For a start, you can use the "Range - Angle Of Bow Finder" (RAOBF) also featured in TDW's and in Dr. Jones UI mods. Refer for its usage to the readme included in New UI's package, to the in game tutorial made by Trevally (New UI's compatible) downloadable from this page, or to this other post by the same Trevally.

If the target is out of sight and only detected as an hydrophone contact, you should use the four bearings method, for plotting its relative position and course on map.

I am sure there are several other methods you can use for estimating target's range, but the ones described above are by far the most popular ones
gap is offline   Reply With Quote