View Single Post
Old 01-24-11, 04:29 PM   #78
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Thanks Magnum for the test mission. Willplay aroud a bit and see if its worth doing anything regarding this Issue.
I sure hope that its not a lost cause, if so manual targeting goes out the window for SH5. And if manual targeting is out, SH5 is out.
My whole mod is based around getting SH5 to be playable in Maunal Targeting only, hence the RAOBF's ets and if lenghts and heights are all wrong then it just makes a mess of everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Yes, we are talking about the core of the manual targeting here. If this can't be fixed, we can just dream about playing a sim.
A bit late to this discussion, but wanted to add my experience. After Arclight had released his "More Realistic Periscope 1.3" mod last year, I spent a lot of time manually calculating ranges using the mast heights in Reaper7's "Recognition manual v 1.02". I can confirm that the mast height info was accurate enough to manually target and regularly hit ships out to around 3,000 meters in the PQ-17 mission. Manual Targeting is very doable in game.

second, is the info in Magnum's and Reaper7's RecManual the same? or does Magnum's have the more up to date info?

Last edited by Bilge_Rat; 01-24-11 at 04:50 PM.
Bilge_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote