View Single Post
Old 12-06-10, 03:11 AM   #77
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

I try to explain once more the idea behind this mod. In the stock game the stadimeter is useless and that was the biggest problem for all of us because it was impossible to read the range of the targets. TWD and Reaper worked out a solution for this, but booth are based more on a automated solution where the stadimeter will snap to the right place giving the exact distance to the target without any room for human error. That was the main issue that bothered me playing on high realism.

So what I did was to gather all the SH5 merchant and war flotilla and mark on the manual with a green line where the stadimeter should stay on the target to have the correct range. But correct range is something that will depend on player and not on the script/machine. You, the player, is who control these reading so closer the target is, better results you get. For long shots, for ex. more than 5km, it will be very difficult to get the correct range and is a bigger chance for a miss. No way to become Otto Kretschmer from day one.

Also, the weather is another important issue... on stormy/fogy weather you will have hard time to get the right range even on close contacts, the machine/script will not help you to snap the stadimeter on targets even if is hardly visible. Looking in the manual you will know where you will have to align the stadimeter, but doing that will depend only on your skill and experience. And your mouse probably ... :P
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote