View Single Post
Old 12-23-18, 11:56 PM   #6817
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
merc4ulfate, do you have the LAA (Large Address Aware) set to "True" on the SH4.exe file? Make sure that the SH4.exe is not write-protected, and check it with LAA by running the applet again. That symptom you describe sounds just like that. FotRSU takes up just about every bit of real estate it can find on your computer. We hope this next version is even more efficient with resources, but it is still a ~lot~ of stuff for the computer to handle.

As mark bonamer points out, there are two sets of options in SH4. The one from the menu, and the other is in the Captain's Office, found by clicking on the AM radio box on the left side of the view from the desk. You'll want to change other options there also...

Last but not least, those "convoy controls" are for when you play the Multi-Player missions, where you've got co-operative or adversarial mode. In cooperative, all 8 players allowed on the LAN are in US submarines, and attack the AI "enemy". In adversarial, up to four are subs, and four are in the convoy (???) on the LAN. I've played against one of my sons with the Multi-Player, but it bores him (he's into Black Ops stuff), so I never did get very good at trying to maneuver a convoy, and it is a weird interface anyway. I have no idea how it works if you have 8 people trying it in adversarial. Seemed to me that the convoy person(s) are at a definite disadvantage...

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and the game is in the exclusion list of the anti virus application.
I do not have the LAA application on my computer.
With Windows 7 64 bit do I even need LAA running?

I would like to report something about the deck gun.

I started a new campaign choosing the Tambor with it's stern deck gun. I had started with 2000 renown and picked the BOW deck gun before the patrol. The gun was switched out and worked perfectly with no issues or disappearances. I tried the same thing with a Gar and also had no issues switching from stern to bow mounts.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Last edited by merc4ulfate; 12-24-18 at 02:11 AM.
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote