View Single Post
Old 10-09-06, 10:29 PM   #7
TteFAboB
Admiral

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I just remembered this, a while back I read on the message boards at AVSIM in a post from a Microsoft developer that they had tinkered with the graphics, drawing power away from keeping up frame rates to improve texture and distance draw qualities. Maybe that's whats bogging down the game?
Sounds like a plan. Reducing detail draw distance to minimum and other settings to as low as my eyes can take it, as seen in this screenshot:

Will generate these, a bit sparse and far from the bext quality but FPS become acceptable: 11-15 in heavy areas and 20-24 in light areas.

Now to tell you what I'm missing, compare this water:

And this forest:

And the density of the scenario:

Only the water was at the highest setting, the rest was just a notch or two above the first three pictures. And that's without the sailboats, ferries, ships and cars, trucks and busses moving around.

Quote:
Is the game even out yet?!? I see it for sale at EBgames.com on the 17th of October!
Hehe, I pre-ordered it at a local store, it surprised me too, I wasn't expecting to receive it so soon. Anyway, rest assured, it's not the demo, it's the real thing, and it's impressive, if only my PC could run it at the level it deserves to be run at.

EDIT: Small mistake, I was running at the default resolution, increasing it to my desktop resolution added 1-2FPS.

Last edited by TteFAboB; 10-09-06 at 10:40 PM.
TteFAboB is offline   Reply With Quote