View Single Post
Old 12-28-16, 11:14 AM   #154
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
wolf_howl15

WOW... again the same thing? Since 2007 or 2008 year?
153 replicas about a simple problem. It's terrible...
... joke ...
This Nisgeis's thread always amused me.
Nisgeis does not understand the causes of eye problems... so he just deleted the eye animation controllers... so we see frozen zombie eyes in his mod.
I even gave him the name "Mr. Frozen eyes".
Why?
Because:
In this part of the original game, there are two problems:
1) Right: incorrect rendering of crew eyes in exterior (on the bridge and on the deck).
2) Left: incorrect angle positioning of the eyes after application "TIME COMPRESSION"... if compression was equal or greater than the value of the parameter "CharacterAnim" in main.cfg file.

Below
left: "Frozen Eyes" by Nisgeis ............. on right: "Live Eyes" with corrected rendering!

When I encountered with the first problem I at once realized that the reason is in incorrect shaders... I was lazy to fix global shaders so I applied (for each eye in MARINE.dat file) old proven controller "BumpMap" (SH3), which locally regulates rendering of the eyes... So the first problem is gone... it cost me five minutes total.
Small video with my mod (Live eyes) in RFB 2.0... size ~ 8 MB :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/psqdxc...d/sh4_RFB2.mp4

The second problem appears not only with the eyes, but and with the animated rudders on the bow of submarine of the submarinewith... I increased the value of the specified parameters in the main.cfg and put a limit on the maximum time compression.
main.cfg:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
CharacterAnim=1026
Maximum=1024
This helped ... but not at 100%... sometimes (rarely) there were glitches. In a game for such a situation, there is an easy way out... you need to give the command for the redeployment of the crew (any command for spawn/respawn any sailor or crew)... and eyes will be on the spot.

P.S.
Old mod Live eyes (only rendering fix) for stock game:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/aslezg...f/sh4_eyes.rar

Can be used with any mod.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 06-05-18 at 07:05 PM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote