View Single Post
Old 07-27-17, 11:21 PM   #19
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post
I appreciate your kind words but my skills as a "modder" are greatly exaggerated. "Text editor and avid user of Wikipedia" pretty much sums up most of goes into my mod. As far as trade and compensation from the devs / publisher while on the surface it sounds like a good idea it would likely open up so many cans of worms for them its not something I'd expect anybody to entertain.

That being said though, I'd like to think that this sort of thing serves itself, I put something together that I can have fun playing with and maybe spark a few ideas. Not going to be so bold as to claim that people are buying the game because of the work I've done, but you have to wonder how many sales happened because people saw Captain Jive Turkey flying around the Norwegian Sea in an Alfa the other day. Again this sort of thing serves itself here because each new purchase brings the game that much closer to DLC viability and continued development.

I'm loath to speak for them but if I had to guess I'd say that Cold Waters has probably had a meteoric rise and smashed sales projections and the like, but again no small part of that is the devs having foresight to make the game very modder friendly to grow this community around it.

I think I saw that Jive Turkey vid on YouTube. Great stuff. I'm a big fan of Mr. Jingles!!!

Well said. I wouldn't be surprised a bit if you were right on the money about Cold Waters sales above the Devs predictions and a lot of that having to do with the mods that come from the community. Look what happened with SH5 I think it was. The game was broke-ass dead and they released a total clunker, but the mods teams got to work on it and fixed so many issues and improved gameplay b leaps and bounds. No one was buying the game as it was released. The SUBSIM forums were alive with players who wouldn't buy he game as it was and waited until it could be improved. I know I was one of them who waited over a year I think. Regardless of what happens, things are better than they may have been. All the interest and mods we bring to this game will only benefit it in the long run.

Now I need to go find a Jingles or J. Turk vid on how to use VLS with Soviet player ships!!! Was playing the Oscar and found my target, tried to fire VLS but got a could not fire message. Couldn't figure out how to shoot VLS, and had no option but to scrap the game. They found me while I wasn't paying attention and ate 6 torps. Ack!!
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote