View Single Post
Old 11-19-10, 01:52 PM   #350
Hassie
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Game Won't Load Win7/ 480 GTX

I have been playing this game for awhile, but recently got a new computer, which has Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. It has an i7 960@3.19GHZ 4 Core CPU, NVidia 480 GTX, SoundBlaster XI-FI XTreme Audio, 6 GB og 1800MHz RAM. Running DirectX 11, since my video card is a 480, but for some reason I am having HUGE problems with SH4 AND SH5, but NOT SH3.

Ok so SH4, the one I really care about, is a steam version, so it is in the program files x86/steam folder, and there is very little I can do about that, but that was never a problem before with my other computer.
So this is what it does, I try to run the game, steam does it's thing, and computer thinks for a second and than nothing. No black screen, just nothing. I look in Task Manager, under processes, and there right at the top is SH4, taking 350-680mb of memory running, but the only thing I can do is end the process.

I have tried many different settings, and read thru many hours of tech support on here and a few other sites, and thought I would just ask for help from hopefully, someone that has had this problem or can maybe help either way.

As for SH5, the game runs thru it's Ubisoft Launcher, I push start, and the movie starts up, but smaller than the screen, and like it's not really there. I can't click it, as I will just click whatever is behind the movie like the desktop. It is also in my processes, but not in the applications in my Task Manager, altho using far less memory for the opening movie. After the movie runs it's due course, the game stops and nothing, which almost seems like the same problem, save this one shows me the movie before failing, and SH4 just never actually comes up.

Any help would be appreciated. I am having fun with SH3, but I bought SH4 U-Boat Missions and never started it, and only did the American side, and would really love to get back into that, as it was my favorite.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer, and if you need any more details, please let me know.

Hassie
Hassie is offline   Reply With Quote