View Single Post
Old 12-15-10, 01:41 PM   #809
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

I'll try to help, but I'll tell you now, there are smarter people out there that will hopefully read this and lend a hand. OK, dumb question: Unless I missed it, you are running 1.5 version of the game, with the U Boat missions correct? As for the Steam version, I really have no experience since all my games have been purchased on disc. When you install, are you sure there is no option to install to another directory other than the default? I do know from the advice of many others, that installing game programs in the x86 directory has a tendency to cause problems. If you refer to the "Stickied" thread in the SH4 Fleetboat Mods forum, I believe there is a topic on installing the game in Vista and 7. I used this guide with my own install.

As for which program to run as Administrator, I am referring to SH4 itself. Make sure your SH4 shortcut on your desktop points to SH4 exe., and not SH4 gui. This will also cause problems. Right click on the shortcut to assertain the info. Also after right clicking, find the "Compatability" tab, and once there, you will find the option to run the program as Administrator. I hope this helps alittle. Hopefully someone smarter will stop in and lend a hand.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote