View Single Post
Old 12-06-18, 07:45 PM   #3
speed150mph
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Kaptain I read your story about Kurdin and the submariners club. It was very interesting. Kurdins book is next on my list.

It’s unfortunate that K3 is being held in Murmansk as a museum and so unavailable to us westerners, it would be awesome if a typhoon could come to London. I would immediately buy a plane ticket.

But rising tide was interesting, especially since I gives us specific information about the subs. Prime example most sources put an Alfa’s max depth at above 600m but captain kolyada when talking about his tactics as commander of an Alfa class boat specifically says he used to routinely dive to 3000 ft ( approx 900 meters) to evade American subs who tried to trail him. This is in line with what some sources say but other sources seem to want to discredit this. I think I’ll trust the word of the man who commanded one at sea.

It was also interesting to see how open and detailed the survivors of incidents like the K-19 and komsomlets sinking were when describing what happened.