View Single Post
Old 01-05-19, 07:42 AM   #1188
Nicrolyte
Swabbie

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
Default Steam Installs, boils down to C-programsX86

so Windows 10 dose a few things like making one check that box in file property's from anything downloaded off the internet to unblock it. which I've known about for as long as ive been using win 10. and ive been play'n a few of the mods from Subsim here (SH5) and they are great considering [Thank you all Very Much] and I have loved the feature on SH3 Grey Wolves where it took care of the steam issue for me.. But am i to understand the entire Steam Install or Steam Version Issue which i had read was some kind of *.dll or something complex which is why I had been following the sometimes complex instructions to the letter for using a special file or this or that... It is all stemming from this protected Files feature. Which I am not subject to anyways since all my Steam games are installed to D: separate HD than Win 10 os because the Solid State Drive that the OS is on is only 128Gb and the second drive is 1Tb so Everything that isn't OS critical I have obviously Diverted off of the C Drive. So am I correct in my assessment here???? since not only are my games not going to the same Programfiles Steam\ common bla bla... the folder exists as steam is there but as i said Everything goes to D: a different Drive entirely. so all I need to to is Rename the Silent Hunter 3 to "SilentHunter3" ? right?

Last edited by Nicrolyte; 01-05-19 at 07:51 AM.
Nicrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote