View Single Post
Old 04-13-08, 11:41 PM   #58
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

@Thanks by the comments and suggestions guys. Privateer is in charge of the 3dmodels/texture (and animations if possible), so we can expect good solutions on the matter very soon.

But some things i already can say just because or is too easy to made or is too difficult:
1. More sailors on the boats with different skins, different positions: easy
2. More LB models: easy
3. permanent debris/corps: doable for one/few ships. But for all ships will be a pain in the ass; the LB mod isnīt debris but objects, so they need to be added to the .dat file for ALL the ships. Then will be needed some variation on the debris position/quantity, ships by ship (they arenīt random). And finally needs tests.
But if just few wooden box and some barrels are enough then is also easy to implement as a small package for all ships .dat Tomorrow I will post some pics with this small debris package ready.

FYI, I just tried again to make some of the debris itself permanent objects (but using the debris.dat) without success (debris.dat works automatically for all ships - stock sh3 engine). So, until now, AFAIK, to really have permanent debris only using the LB mod solution with the good and bad things as described above.