View Single Post
Old 06-16-08, 07:53 AM   #5
Ishigami
Navy Dude

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fishlord
Are there any ships like this in the mission?

This bug must be related to your Yamato itself. I have no problems sinking any ship with the Yamato. :hmm:
As you might already know there are ships like these. There are 5 old US battleships in this mission. I’ve chosen the old ones on purpose. If I would have placed an Iowa or North Carolina in the mission they would have busted the Japanese fleet in no time.
On the other hand placing a AI Yamato as Musashi would do the same with the American fleet (btw. this would cause a game crash when the player wants to play the Yamato... at least for me)

Quote:
Got to the mission. Three lucky torpedoes hit my Yammy and sent her down. I tried it with Xantrokle's snorkel Type XXI and I got up to the point where it told me to retreat. Does the game tell you to retreat based on what's happening? Is the Japanese fleet just destined to be sunk?

This is actually something I haven’t taken into account. I didn’t know that there was a fix for the torpedo bombers out there at the time.
When I created this mission they where no factor at all. They might be now a bit harsh especially on the AI units. I might look into this.

Like I said this mission is just arcade style. It never happened like this.
I don’t like missions that start basically in the action that’s why I placed the fleets that far away from each other in the start and leave it to them to reach the battle zone. At same time it should always be clear where they will clash.

The fleets should be balanced. At least that’s what I hope. Neither side is supposed to be smashed. They meet each other, open fire on long range, there are losses and in the end the will part. The player is supposed to survive more than to do influence the outcome of the battle.
Of course depending on the ship of the player he might have a great influence (e.g. Yamato). But you can play this with e.g. a heavy cruiser (I hope for the playable Takao to be released soon) and then you have no chance to really influence the outcome. :hmm:
I don’t wanted to end the mission in the battle that why the last objective is to reach the Tablas Strait. At this location you are well out of sight of the American fleet and there should be no air attacks anymore.

Quote:
Actually this battle is somewhat realistic. My story is pretty much the same as what happened IRL, excepted the Yammy took only one bomb to her forward gun deck...AWESOME MISSION

Good to see that at least once it worked for you.
Sorry that I answer this late, I always forget about this forum :rotfl:
Ishigami is offline   Reply With Quote