Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-05-16, 08:04 AM   #90
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
There isn't any sound of the periscope motor going up or down.
I'll put a .wav file onto the Google site today to give you a fairly good Periscope motor sound.

Regarding "THE SOUND", I can tell you if a sound is too long in duration, it will have consequences. Is this what's making the issue? Whoever is looking into this, try substituting the stock sounds and see what you get.

Quote:
The Furutaka heavy cruiser is definitely sitting "shallow", at about 10 foot, and not 17 foot of draft, though it looks fine in the periscope, other than the targeting arrow being "high".
I've not looked at any of the ships for displacement, but its usually there where a ship can be misaligned to the point of sinking in a future heavy sea, or capsizing due to the center of gravity being off. I've seen ships just start to rock, begining slowly then to the point of sinking in 5 mph winds.

Here's a Javelin Class that's in a mod I ran across:

The ship will get swamped with any wind at all. I doubt this ship will last 10 minutes after its spawned.

Here's how it should look:

This is one way modders have attempted to adjust the "jack rabbit" starts/stops of the ships......with mixed results. In my opinion its better to look at engine characteristics than messing around with how heavy the ship is.

=============

I want to give a "Shout Out" to an 'ole buddy.........Wilcke!!

Good to hear from you!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote