Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-04-16, 09:04 PM   #88
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

For me, I want a sound when the scope is going up or down. At the other end of the audio spectrum, we NEED to calm the CREW down... Much too enthusiastic when you hit a target, or *anything* for that matter... Also, how can THEY tell that a torpedo detenoted just a pinch early, as opposed to a real hit? They sound the same to me, yet the crew is silent for the defect, and over-exuberant for the hit "We HIT her we HIT her we HIT her!!!" "Quiet!" and it goes on for *every* hit. Yikes! Give me "The Sound"! Please!

I did have a destroyer break in two tonight. I've never done that before. Don't know if it's the particular ship, or the fact that it got hit by three fishies. I'd made me a test SM with a dozen or so anchored ships ("Docked") - or so I thought... I missed "docking" a couple of the tin cans, and they came after me with a vengeance (that's fixed now, so I can concentrate on testing sinking), so I shot from about 900 yards at 'em both, and the one ran into one of the torps intended for the 2nd... The split hull was not very impressive though, just being a black blob inside the ships hull. The Yamato took 12 torps to go down, with one detonating too early (no cheers from the crew), several hundred feet from the hull. When she took the eleventh good hit (all magnetic underneath), she finally started fully burning, then the magazine blew, and she then went down fast. Very fast. All within a minute. Was barely listing prior to the eighth hit, no fire until then either. In fact, after six hits, I still couldn't "see" any damage. I've brought my second computer upstairs into the family room, so that the family can enjoy my company while I play... They've been wondering what sort of weirdness I'm up to with this...

I can't wait to try your new way Billy.

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-04-16 at 09:13 PM. Reason: whoops!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote