View Single Post
Old 06-04-16, 02:40 PM   #83
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
... Thanks for reporting it Propbeanie! People started to look at me strangely.
Maybe an exorcist will help to get rid of it...
I've started to look at *myself* funny... "what are you trying to *do*, drive yourself NUTZ?"... lol - it's a short drive, btw...

Anyway, I agree, and think it sounds like a file that's trying to play, but fails and keeps trying. I found the "tick" also, but it's NOTHING compared to "The Sound"... It's like the cook in The Hunt For Red October who's banging on the pipes in order to give up the sub's position... Only no one can find the guy... Some boats it seems to come on easier, but it might just be the situation at the time when it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
... BTW, how's work coming on your sinking model for the ships in FOTRS?
I haven't done any timing, or anything remotely close to "scientific", but the "sinking" model is definitely better in FOTRS, and it takes a few more torps to take the Ise BB and others of that ilk out. Usually (in stock), it only takes four torps, but for the most part (in "Ultimate"), at least six, sometimes seven, and once it took eight (my bad). I'm going to try a Yamato SM and see what it'll take. Destroyers most times take two, as do smaller merchants. It took me five into a troop transport last night. A loaded tanker still usually only takes one well-placed one. Can't imagine why... I have no idea how many hits it takes to take down a Furutaka. They're protected by magic, or something. I made a SM with a Furutaka "anchored", and shot torp after torp at it, one at a time, and found it to be at about 10 foot draft, but STILL had the occasional torp go under it still... weird. Never did sink it, and ran out of torps on my S12...

The graphics are awesome:

That's like after the eighth hit...

I especially love the smoke. There's 3 other shots I've got in the "root" of that photobucket directory where these are. I haven't used photobucket in a while, and they are def full of junk when you go to their page anymore. Be careful what you click on... I'm thinking about re-sizing these a bit smaller, and just attaching them here. Attempts at video of in-game stuff have been miserable looking so far, especially daylight scenes, though it looks great "live" while playing. I just don't know what I'm doing with game video capturing. I've got a 2nd computer with an ATI AIW that I'll try to set-up to play the "Ultimate" on, and I'll try that and upload to toobyu, IF I'm successful...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote