Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-04-16, 09:54 AM   #80
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

I have not been able to find a specific file that makes "The Noise". I've been through a lot of the .wav & .ogg files and haven't found anything yet. Just a few suspects, but they really aren't close. Maybe there's something in a .dat file, or some other type of file that might be able to carry something audio... ?? Any ideas?

A few notes:
  • Under stock, when using time compression, some of the background audio stops, and other sounds change above 4x. With the FOTRS stuff, full v2 or the Ultimate, there are still multiple "background" sounds playing as normally when doing 32x TC - is that part of the sound issue?
  • There isn't any sound of the periscope motor going up or down.
  • The Furutaka heavy cruiser is definitely sitting "shallow", at about 10 foot, and not 17 foot of draft, though it looks fine in the periscope, other than the targeting arrow being "high".
  • In the full v2 in SH4 v1.4, the Recognition Manual is blocked by the dials, and the pages can't be turned. It was advised back when to use a higher screen resolution, but when that is used, the book just gets bigger too... Not an issue in the current proposed "Ultimate".
  • The player's boat seems to be able to speed up and slow down too fast in the proposed "Ultimate" version. I hadn't paid too much attention to that in the full v2. Is it like that in stock also?
  • There are no lifeboats... Must've gotten the whole crew with the torps, eh?...
I might have more later. I am going to have to load up something "normal" though, and get away from "The Sound" for a while, else the rest of my sanity will be gone...

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-04-16 at 11:00 AM. Reason: old-man-itis
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote