Thread: Design Group ?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-05, 01:01 AM   #12
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220
Uploads: 0

My passing thought was that its a tall order for one individual to combine all the talents required to
create exciting, challenging scenarios. It is truly remarkable that so many have achieved this. But that said
there are calls for more scenarios and with Gold this clamour will get louder. Is it enough to rely on the skills of the few ?

I dont think that there is any better way of describing the need for Group activity than my own situation.
I can create or source, adapt and scale workable scenarios and know enough of the game mechanics to assess
what can be achieved. But the neo-programming skills required to manipulate Dws triggers, scripts etc escape me -
not at a basic level, but in finnessing them to harmonise an orchestra.

So the clay model cannot, does not, receive all the skills necessary to create a refined product. It needs technical
development in close liason with 'Design.' A group of two or more such designers and implementers,
IMHO could achieve a very high standard of output.

It is highly doubtfull whether these two talents co-exist or are resident in many single individuals in the current
available pool of potential new designers.

I exclude of course the current impressive and very talented exceptional designers to whom we
are all greatly indebted for some first class missions.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote