View Single Post
Old 01-16-17, 02:47 AM   #3
TheGreatElector
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1218
Uploads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted View Post
Not really sure where to post this, but seeing as i've been playing SH4 lately.. i'll post it here.

What's New?

+ Completely redrew the dials to make them higher resolution and line up perfectly. No more blurry, wobbly dials. As this tool is used from the bottom of the wheel, i flipped the numbers so they no longer appear upside down. Ignore the resized screenshot above. When the window is maximized, the dials are crisp.

+ No more floating pop-out windows. I despise them. Don't know what i was thinking in the original version. In doing so, i removed some of the more superfluous tools like the distance chart, calculator, and periscope view. They were more coding excersizes than useful additions.

+ Settings dialog. Lets you set your own defaults for many of the data entries. Also lets you show/hide different readouts in the dial view.

+ Added the Hydrophone tracker as a tool.

+ Range dial

How to use range dial:
1. Setup the solution on the wheel

2. Right+Click rotate the dials to put the bearing you are looking at the target from underneath the red periscope line.

3. Adjust the range dial to put the target at the range for that bearing.

Now you can see the range to intercept (iRange). If you right+click rotate the dials, both the readouts and Range dial will update and you can see what the targets Range should be at any bearing. If you put the bearing at 000 you will see that it is the same as the intercept range. If you don't know what the intercept range is.. it's how far away the target will be when he's directly in front of you. This is useful to know in advance so you can be at the right range when it's time to shoot.

Download:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5118

Requirements:

A graphics card that is not a potato.

.NET 2.0 Runtime
Depnding on your OS, you may already have it. If you dont, do a google search for .NET 2.0 runtime. I kinda wanted to use a newer runtime, but i figured some of you old farts are probably still using XP

Since this is a .NET app written in C#, i used some Managed components of DirectX to render the dials for speed. Not all DirectX installers come with those components. So you may or may not need to run the full directX web installer to get them if they are missing from your system.

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

Credits:

Dial Artwork:
Based off a design by 'Reaper7'
Originally designed by 'CapnScurvy'

SpeedSolver Artwork:
Based off the U-Jagd Tools for SH3 by 'joegrundman'

-------------------------

I'll post more info or maybe a video on how to use all the tools sometime soon.

Enjoy.
This is awesome!
TheGreatElector is offline   Reply With Quote