Old 05-24-17, 09:11 PM   #7920
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
They really do look nice
I guess nobody had an idea how to make the UI less bright (or red) at nighttime?
Well, I guess SH has a long future ahead, so someday somebody might figure out something

EDIT:
I might have an idea.

The brightest and most annoying thing when you try to figure out what kind of ship you are looking at at nighttime, is actually the recognition manual with it´s paper coloured background. Would it be possible to have a second one that is in negative colours?

Also the Crew log. That one is quite bright as well. Maybe that could be changed to some other colour by default?
I found that the new "clean" version of the RAOBF was far too bright when setting up an attack in low light so I replaced the textures with the yellowish "dirty" originals. I tried to do a negative version but couldn't get it to look right in all lighting situations. The Message Box is another that stabs your eyes when peering into the gloom for that DD that's trying to kill you...

Just tried reducing the brightness of the Recognition Manual (SOAN) pages by about 30% and the screenshot below is the result. It's a little easier on the eyes when it's dark but it will remain darker during the daytime a well. Having a red mask tied to the day/night cycle like the map and interior would be a much better solution....

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

Last edited by kevinsue; 05-24-17 at 10:15 PM.
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote