View Single Post
Old 06-24-19, 12:04 PM   #12369
boogieman335
Mate

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCow View Post
I own SH5 on Steam and just patched it to v 1.2. Some other threads (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=225274) mentioned the TWOS mega mod as the best mod to start with if you did not want to deal with mod conflicts. I was wondering if that still was the case?

If so, do I need to install JSGME or another mod patcher? Does this mod work with the Steam version of SH5? Thanks!
TWOS comes as an executable that does all that for you and yes it works fine with Steam version.
JSGME is included and will launch as part of the install process. Read the install instructions carefully, also I advise making a backup of your Steam game, and then installing. TWOS installer will patch the Steam version of the SH5.exe file. Also if you are like me and prefer English spoken in game you can copy the voice files from your backup to the new install. I think this should be an option in one of VDR's future updates as the install just copies German over the English voice files. Do not add any mods to the new install except the optional ones that come with TWOS as pretty much all the best ones are already included and have been tweaked to work with the game. The only add on mod I use is the murky water mod that is part of Dynamic Env 2.9 because I prefer the bluer pelagic looking water than the murky green.
boogieman335 is offline   Reply With Quote