Depth Charger
Sailor man

Downloads: 205
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@H.sie:
I shall stick with the LITE.

But what puzzles me is why you are able so easily to send convoy contact reports, when it is harder for me.

This issue affects my 'Smoke-on-Horizon' mod too.

I have now tried the GWX3 scene.dat file with my NYGM set-up, but it makes the problem of sending contact reports even worse! I had to get close enough to a convoy in darkness/light mist in order to throw a stone at the ships, before I could send a contact report.

There are no significant differences between the NYGM and GWX3 sensors.dat files, and I know that you are using the NYGM file anyway with your GWX set-up.**

Therefore I cannot understand why you find it so easy to send contact reports in campaign mode, while I find it usually requires several ships in sight before I can send the report. Especially in light fog or at night.

Has anybody else got any ideas?

**[Or are you using the NYGM sensor file for your wolf-pack testing? Sudden thought: a lot of people have complained that the GWX sensors persistently give reports of 'Ship in sight' as it moves in and out of view in light mist, whereas the NYGM sensors.dat file does not, with slightly altered settings. Could this be the explanation?]

Stiebler.
I must confess that I have also come across some convoys that are a nightmare to identify. However, the other day I dove so that my sound man got pretty much all the contacts and then when I surfaced and locked on again, it was good.

I have only tried it once and it seemed to clear the problem but I dont know if it will work again.

It's almost like you need to clear some sort of recognition threshold to get a convoy locked on. However, worst case scenario is to break off and go and find another convoy.

It happens...
Depth Charger is offline   Reply With Quote