View Single Post
Old 01-17-07, 12:41 PM   #10
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Great work here, like that it is easy to install. One question, anything that you would like to keep, do you just remove from your file, I like the German voices, etc, do I just delete the english stuff in yours?

Thanks.
If you prefer german voices, then just delete the Speech_EN directory from this mods directory. You don't have to really though, you have to tell the game to talk in english anyway. You could install the mod as is via JSGME and not notice any difference at all in speech except for the submarine diving sound, where no language is spoken. You can however delete the file "Dive Sequence.wav" from ths mods sound directory if you prefer the german voiced diving sequence.

EDIT:
I should probably note it just occured to me that if you prefer German as the PRINTED language in the game, the labels for the periscope TDC wont be diplayed, hull integrity readout will not be displayed, and some of the functionality in the EN_commands.cfg obviously won't be in the DE_commands.cfg since i didnt touch that file or the DE_menu.txt.

If i need to add german language support, your going to have to kick me in the jimmy.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote