View Single Post
Old 08-20-18, 02:02 AM   #1
Propnut17
Mate

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0
Default SH5 and inspiration

Yesterday I broke down to temptation and for the first time in years I used "silentotto" to see what lies ahead. I say years as I started off with a hand-me-down SH5 Ver 1.0 that only worked as a vanilla stand-alone. I must have started that first "get out of bed Captain" section 50 times as I came to understand what to do. I had not yet found the SubSim forums so it was all hit and miss, mostly miss. But the concept of how the SH5 program worked, the graphics and what it offered kept drawing me back to the simulation.

Much, much later I found this forum and lurked about for a long while, only to find that there were earlier SH3 and SH4 versions that I was unaware of. By this time I found out that Steam now sold SH5 and I added it to my wish list. Well as much as I wished, I could never get a break and be on-line at the same time that SH5 was discounted. Finally my son, having seen me through the years fighting with frozen screens and CTD's finally put me out my misery and gifted me a surprise Christmas present - a Steam version of SH5. This gift now runs exceptionally well as a Steam installation and the WoS megamod for me was a must have.

So that is history, but what of the future? Yesterday I was given a glimpse into the "Distant Waters" campaign. What an exciting graphical and location change from my many starts, re-starts in the "Coastal Waters" campaign. By the end of the day I was given new hope, to take each session as a step towards the "Happy Times" campaign and the new experiences still ahead that SH5 has to offer. I have written this as an inspiration to other members who like myself never thought it was possible to ever get out of the starting "Coastal Waters" campaign. I have only just had a glimpse into what lies ahead, and now I have all the inspiration I need, to make it to the end of the war.
Propnut17 is offline   Reply With Quote