Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tAKticool47 View Post
The MK50 was/is the highest-performing lightweight torpedo in the world
Probably only for Blue waters. In shallow waters they wasn't so good :P

Quote:
The MK54 is *supposed* to be the best lightweight torpedo in the world. It's indisputable it has the highest capability of electronics in the world. It's got the best computers -- BY FAR -- of any countries' LWTs and the best acoustical equipment. BY FAR. It was supposed to be a 'hybrid' of the MK46's propulsion and "body" and the MK50's "brain" (while using the most modern circuitry available etc.)
In my opinion MU-90 is much better than Mk-54. This Torpedo works well in shallow or blue waters - have greater endurance and maximum range.

Quote:
In the game it's borderline useless for me. Not sure I've ever hit something with a MK54. All they seem to do is spin in circles.
Hmm i have many (dozens or hundreds?) kills using Helo LTW torpedoes from Perry:

Quote:
One thing I have wondered- is there a more advanced or modern naval combat sim? I don't think Cold Waters is for me, it seems different. I like the "technical" aspect of DW. But I would also appreciate some ASuW vs ASuW combat, some AEGIS warfare and CSGs/ARGs/etc. It would be so awesome if there was a modernized version of DW released.
Works on RA 1.46 are still in progress. I think releasing is very close, ESM bug is almost fixed, Sauro Batch I, II, III, IV added, CIWS and AEGIS finnaly works quite accurate

This is video from AEGIS TEST:

(check desctiption under video)