View Single Post
Old 10-18-18, 12:37 PM   #4
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tAKticool47 View Post
One thing I have wondered- is there a more advanced or modern naval combat sim? I don't think Cold Waters is for me, it seems different. I like the "technical" aspect of DW. But I would also appreciate some ASuW vs ASuW combat, some AEGIS warfare and CSGs/ARGs/etc. It would be so awesome if there was a modernized version of DW released.
Thanks for the LWT info

Cold Waters is fun for what it is. I think the closest you'll get is Command: The Silent Service, but I find it very dry as it's like playing DW with all the autocrews turned on and no visuals to entertain with... at least when piloting a single boat. I imagine it could be more fun if you're commanding a "squadron" of subs.

Given the success of a sim like DCS with a free base game and modules you pay for, I would definitely support this type of financial model for a re-imagining of Dangerous Waters. We in the sim community have to come to terms with the fact that we're a small player base and that we require high fidelity of our sims, none of which makes games cheap.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote