View Single Post
Old 02-20-14, 06:27 PM   #4
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Thanks, does the club have a secret handshake or will a salute do?

I'm a glutton for punishment (and there's nothing on TV) so I went back to the unmodified copy to look at the numbers.

S-18 has range 100 miles speed 5
Porpoise has range 72 miles speed 2
All the rest have 96 miles speed 2.

Test I ran submerged to 100 feet while stationary, then ran ahead 1/3rd until the time acceleration went to 1 with the "battery down to 10%" warning. All the boats went about 40 miles, some at 3 knots some at 4 (the percentage of full speed in the CFG files can be changed so any boat does 2 knots submerged, but that also affects surface speed and doesn't seem to make any actual difference in the submerged range - ahead slow is ahead slow). Stop and surface, without moving, time the recharge rate from 10% to 100% without moving (so all the engine power goes to the batteries instead of a percentage to propulsion).

S-18 - 57 hours.
Porpoise - 2 hours 15 minutes.
All other fleet boats 2 hours even.

The rate for the fleet boats is way too fast, should take 6-8 hours. Sugar boat, as has been discussed before, is glacial.

So what happens if I change the numbers in the S-18 from 100 miles 5 knots to 96 miles 2 knots? Nothing to the range, but the recharge from 10% to 100& takes 9 1/2 hours.

Methinks a programmer somewhere labeled something wrong, because the submerged range value has zip point diddly squat to do with the submerged range. But those looking to improve the recharge time on the sugar boats without affecting anything else might want to take a look at that data.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote