View Single Post
Old 03-17-17, 02:29 PM   #17
DicheBach
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Interesting stuff. I'll admit I'm one of the "charge 'em and sink 'em with the deck gun" crowd. Hey, it works.

You guys are modders, make it work more realistically!

1. Slow the reload time by a factor of 5?
2. Make DDs behave properly, i.e., use their guns at range instead of charging at a sub that is still surfaced
3. Make injuries to deck crews more likely and serious.
4. Possibly change some of the maths, basically make subs more fragile (I see TMO did that, not sure if FOTRS does or not)
5. Possibly make the sub deck guns less accurate?

I find the gunnery to be one of the more fun parts of the game, but I'm keen to play realistic too.

Speaking of which: I'm surprised that the naval combat parts of this game do not seem to have been expanded more generally; meaning, career and/or missions in surface ships, scenarios that model large engagements, etc. It seems to be a pretty robust simulation of naval combat of the era, so it would seem it could be done.